This 29,500 square foot structure is a two-story landmark brick and terracotta building completed in 1913 and listed in the National Register of Historic Places. A main feature of this stately structure is the roof-mounted, copper-clad cupola with clock dormers. The building also features a two-story rotunda finished at the top by a leaded art glass dome, 28-foot diameter. Franklin County commissioned CKJT and our project team to restore and modernize this stately structure.
This renovation included seismic evaluation, rehabilitation, and functionality updates. The designs great attention to detail ensured the building maintains the original architect's intent, while still enabling the necessary electrical, mechanical, and functional updates. Many of the original fixtures remain intact, including plaster details, mosaic tile, metal railings, light fixtures, mahogany wainscot, and scagliola. The restoration and modernization was completed in 2006.
Franklin County Courthouse Historic Restoration